WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF DREAMING?
Quite simply, the act of dreaming works as a detox for the mind. On a biological level, dreaming literally cleanses the brain and helps organisms maintain mental clarity. As soon as we enter the dream state our cerebral spinal fluid is released which acts as a natural cleansing agent. It swiftly discards the toxins that the brain has accumulated since your last sleep cycle.
Dreaming connects us with our subconscious mind which also initiates an emotional cleansing process. This helps us to bring into focus and purge any negative thoughts and emotions that we may have suppressed.
In allowing our brains to sort through memories and confront our fears, the dream state essentially puts us in touch with our true selves.
In basic terms, the act of dreaming is imperative for our personal growth and self development.
WHAT IS LUCID DREAMING?
A lucid dream occurs when one becomes aware that they are dreaming and is able to completely control the events and their surroundings during the dream.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF LUCID DREAMING?
Lucid dreaming is a way to explore your unbridled imagination through a mental state that transcends space and time. It is an opportunity to conquer fear, play out scenarios you are curious about and experience limitless existence. Once you begin lucid dreaming and start to bring this creativity into your waking life, there is no end to what you can achieve.
HOW CAN QUALITY DREAM SLEEP FIGHT DEPRESSION?
Insomnia has been greatly linked with depression as the body is not getting the rest that it needs to heal and rejuvenate on a mental, emotional and physical level. Dreaming is a proven anti-depressant as it restores our circadian rhythms and flow of consciousness.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF MINIMIZING STRESS?
The world is becoming increasingly more aware of the harmful effects of stress and how damaging it can be to the human mind and body. The Ascend Cleanse program aids in reducing stress through the practice of mindful, creative and behavioral techniques which ensure there is a constant flow of creative ideas by maintaining a healthy mind and body. Our lucid dreaming tea, “Dreams” assists to combat stress with its mildly sedative effect whilst promoting deep rest and assists to enhance the dream state. Unlike the wired buzz of coffee, the balanced energy “Awaken” provides will make sure you start the day feeling motivated, enthusiastic and focused without sacrificing your calm and clarity.
IS IT A DRUG?
“Awaken” and “Dreams” are both all natural herbal teas with absolutely no psychoactive stimulating substances. Our teatox products provide a gentle, mindful, accessible and legal way to expanded consciousness.
Encouraged Behavioral Practices
MIND AND BODY WORKOUTS
• Martial arts
• Exercise outdoors in natural light
• Close your eyes and focus on your breathing for at least 5 minutes a day when needed.
HIGH VIBRATION NUTRITION
• Maintain a heavily plant based diet
• Avoid processed foods
• Increase your intake of Alkaline whole foods
• Increase water intake
CONSISTENT SLEEP SCHEDULE
• Try to rise with the sun and be in bed by 10pm. This helps restore our natural circadian rhythm
• Wake up every morning and feel a sense of gratitude, intending that the day is going to be full of positive opportunities
• Avoid LCD screens, computers, iPhones and TVs before bed. The artificial light that these emanate create havoc with our natural sleeping cycle and stop our brains from winding down. They are one of the primary causes of insomnia
• Don’t eat 3 hours prior to sleep
• Read an hour before bed
• Before you fall asleep have a sense of gratitude for everything that occurred that day, whether it was an opportunity or a learning experience and set your positive intentions for the next day
NOTE BOOKING OR KEEPING A DREAM JOURNAL
• Upon waking, write whatever comes to mind. Whether it’s what you dreamt or just how you felt upon waking.
• Do what you know to be right, avoid doing what you know to be wrong
• Avoid entertaining negative thoughts
• Avoid negative, toxic people that leave you feeling drained
• Do not find fault or speak ill of others
• Never indulge in gossip
• Do not strain in life. Remain rested and maintain a balanced routine.
• If something does not make you happy, change the situation until you are.
• Take responsibility for your actions and learn from them.